Thursday, July 25, 2013

An incident with a Superstar

Before I decided to become a music producer I had been in many bands for many years, but one band in particular had quite a lot success, here's a link to some of our music, check it out! But anyway, one gig stood out from the rest, we had secured a gig at Doncaster Dome thanks to 'Clement Marfo & the Frontline', who are a great bunch of guys by the way, check them out! I remember playing a quiet sunday evening gig with them, the sort of place where the audience is the other bands and the floors are stinky, anyway, despite being very successful and busy guys they stayed after their set to watch us!

So back to this Doncaster Dome gig, it was also with the rapper 'Chipmunk'. He's the 'superstar' I'm referring to. We were able to catch a glimpse of his demand list, it went a little something like this.

  • 12 Small tea towels
  • Some spiced Ginger
  • 5 Bottles of Jack Daniels
  • 5 Bottles of Vodka
  • 20 Plastic cups
  • Many backstage tickets


Not just this but he also got paid A rather ridiculous four digit sum. My old band 'Light Scars' were paid £4. Less than the cost in petrol to get there and put our heart and souls into it. So I thought, wow with such a large and specific demands list he must be great. He turned up 40 minutes late, played for half the time and wanted to leave as soon as he had done his show, so my dad parked his car directly behind the tour bus to trap him. He's probably still there now. Anyway that was my story, I hope you enjoyed it!