Thursday, August 01, 2013

My latest EP release

Hey guys, I thought I'd say a few things about my new free to download EP - The Odyssey. How it was recorded, how I got my Inspiration and some of the similar artists I listened to etc. Have a listen first off! 
Dreamscape really kicks off at the 2:33 mark! Enjoy!



Firstly it's a blend of Hip-hop/Trip-hop and Downtempo, I also use a lot of strings so the orchestral feel is there too, I listen to a lot of classical music, mainly mozart, and that's why I love to add in strings! They're so powerful and moving! I've been listening to a lot of 'Bonobo' recently, he's been a huge influence on my music, and I'm even going to one of his gigs in leeds! Check him out if you don't already know him. I've been listening to a lot of Royksopp recently, I love how they build up their tracks, have a listen to 'Keyboard Milk', I was really inspired by them in these tracks.

I record all of my tracks using Logic Pro 9 (Haven't gotten to use X yet, although it looks great!), I mostly create my own drums from scratch, but some of them are sampled from old hip-hop tracks I've found lurking about! For synths I use a lot of the plug ins you get free from 'Computer Music Magazine' which is a great magazine I'd recommend it, loads of tutorials, and a CD each issue, of samples, plug ins etc. I always sample my vocal samples, currently, as I'm looking for a female vocalist to work with, I use websites like Freesound and also have various vocal samples collected over the years! My next project will be taking the vocals from a bruce lee interview, which should be a lot of fun! Thanks guys!



6Towns Radio station love The Odyssey and it's being played on their show on sunday!